1. I hate people.
2. I don't want to GO to work.
3. I don't want to work for the man.
4. I'm an entrepreneur at heart but too lazy to see any project through to fruition.
5. I was a millionaire in a previous life.
6. The voices in my head told me to do it.
7. I love to write and old people are always saying you should do what you love and try to find a way to make money doing it.
Also, I thought I'd get to sleep a lot and munch out on chocolate while watching The Young and the Restless every day. Turns out, most writers don't get paid shit, I'm too lazy for MLM gigs, and pimping my skills out for money takes a lot of time and dedication. Also, chocolate is the devil and Victor Newman is an asshole.
What I'm trying to say here is that it ain't easy. Especially when you have two kids who are all up in your shit every chance they get. Making it through the day requires the constant flow of adult beverages, happy pills, and a lot of cursing.
When I'm not here ranting, sometimes I'm out in the real world writing for money. But mostly, I work for "the man"; in a job that sucks the life out of me. Also, I try to make time for a few personal writing projects -- I may even publish a novel some day. Or, maybe I'll be like John Kennedy Toole and hang myself from the rafters before I'm famous and Hubber will find all my brilliant manuscripts and get rich without me. Asshole.