So, up we drove; but alas, to no avail.
Sledding on a two-foot patch of slush wasn’t as fun as it promised to be swimming around in my head. Also, it was mostly yellow and I vaguely remember my mother warning me about yellow snow. Instead of taking chances with our health, we stopped for lunch.
Now, we’re on our way home. We’re going a different route this time… We just survived the Raton Pass between Colorado and New Mexico. The Winnie took it like a champ uphill at 35 mph (on a 75 mph speed limit). I’ll never ever curse large, slow moving vehicles again. From now on, I’ll just politely go around those bitches and flash the peace sign at ‘em. And, maybe a boob (if they’re lucky and I’m feeling frisky).
· Visit Old Colorado City
· Stop at a country store in Cripple Creek
· Cruise through Mantiou Springs
· Salivate over the motorcycles at Pikes Peak Harley Davidson
|one of these things is not like the others....|
Touristy shit we have planned for later today if we make it to Amarillo before dark:
· Tag a car at Cadillac Ranch
· Sink our teeth into a hunk of beef at the Big Texan
· Steal a landscaping rock or two from the bottom of Palo Duro Canyon