- Driving through Kansas (the state of Kans-assholes) is not fun when you're 10ft tall and winds are 65 mph. The Winnie got a whopping 6 miles per gallon across the entire fucking state. Never again. We'll avoid Kansas at all costs on future roadtrips.
- Storm water grates located in rest stops in Kansas = Redneck dumpstations. You don't want to know.
- Rocky Mountain gas isn't the stuff you put in your car. It's what your body experiences due to the high altitude. It's 10x worse for dogs. It can smell like: death, skunk squirt or dairy farm (or a combination of these).
- Driving uphill in the Winnie will cause all those behind you to curse the day you were born. Twice.
The Hancocks are now officially boondocking (that's RVing-speak for freeloading) in my sister-in-law's driveway in Parker, CO. We're even hooked up to power and water. We did, however, get rid of the kids in the evenings... they're sleeping IN the house while Hubber and I rough it in the front yard. During the day, though, I sure wish I could drop their asses off at school. Vacation ain't so fun when you spend the entire time trying to entertain two girls who are not easily satisfied unless you spend your life savings along with an arm and a leg everywhere you go. When did these little heifers become such divas?! I haven't consumed nearly enough adult beverages to stay sane. I feel a bloody mary night coming on.
Touristy shit we've done since we arrived:
- Visited the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge
- Trolled down Colfax Ave. in downtown Denver with all the other freaks (we fit right in) where there's a medical marijuana "wellness clinic" on every corner
- Visited the Royal Gorge; walked the bridge, rode the aerial tram over the canyon and took the inclined rail down to the bottom of the canyon
- Spent WAY too much time (and money) at Hammond's Candy Factory